The 5 Silhouettes of Bridal Gowns
So you are just beginning to look for your gown – where to begin! The first goal is to look the best you have ever looked. This is your day! Do you want to look like a princess, classy, sexy, vintage? There are so many options and the dress is the key to making sure that your vision comes true!
We are going to break down the basic silhouettes for you. Each silhouette reflects something different and works for different body types!
1. Ball gown: The princess dress! It has a fitted bodice and flairs at the waste. The full skirt of this silhouette is a good way to hide the lower body if you want to!
2. A-line: This one is simple – it’s shaped like an “A.” It’s fitted throughout the body and gradually flares out. This wedding dress is a good fit for all body types!
3. Mermaid: The mermaid is a more dramatic fit and flare. Instead of the gradual flare out, it goes straight out at the knee. This is a great option if you want to show off your curves!
4. Sheath: This style just barely skims the body all the way down to the floor. It is very romantic and best for tall brides!
5. Trumpet: The trumpet style is very fitting throughout the body until it flares out right about the knee.
Now that you know the silhouettes, try to decide which one will work best for you! Each silhouette has something unique about it, and one of them is the perfect silhouette for you!